At this moment the parent and grandparent sponsorships to Canada are closed, to prevent the backlog of thee applications continuing to grow. However the government has introduced a visa called the "Supervisa" which aims at fast tracking the parents and grand parents temporary visit to Canada. Under this category the visitors can have a 10 year multiple entry visa.
Note: This is not applicable to spousal category.
Applicants are eligible for family immigration if they have family members in Canada who are willing to sponsor them.This type of visa depends on whether the sponsor has sufficient income to support the visa applicant. This category aims to reunify Canadian immigrants with their loved ones back home.
To be eligible for Family Class Sponsorship, individuals who wish to immigrate to Canada must have a close relative willing to sponsor them and that relative must either be a Canadian citizen or a Canadian Permanent Resident.
To qualify under Canada Family Class Sponsorship:
1. The relationship between the Sponsor and the Sponsored Person (the Family Class immigrant) must be one of the following:
- Spouse, common-law partner, or conjugal partner; or
- Parent or grandparent; or
- Dependent child; or
- Brother, sister, nephew, niece, or grandchild who is orphaned, under 18 years of age and not married or in a common-law relationship; or
- Intended adopted child under 18 years of age; or
- Other relative, if the Sponsor has no relative listed above and no relatives who are Canadian citizens or Canadian Permanent Residents (limited to one relative only).
2. The Sponsored Person must have a Sponsor who:
- Is a Canadian citizen or a Canadian Permanent Resident; and
- Meets the family class sponsorship requirements.
The Sponsor and Sponsored Person(s) must follow the appropriate Canada Family Class Immigration application process.